Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Not a writer until you write

I do not proclaim on any level that I am a writer. But I'm certainly not as long as I do not write.

This blog is a place for me to record my journeys, my hopes for my inner wisdom to appear and to reflect, and how I hope to reach young children one day through mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and resilience.

Today I learned of a former student's death. For a few hours we did not know how or why. But then came the note- suicide.

He was a little over a month away from his 16th birthday.

White male, always went to amazing schools, but something brewed darkly under the surface.

You never know.

You never know what one kind word or one or many dark words can do to a person.

We all are human. Especially as parents and teachers (so, my personal experience), we find the end of our wire very quickly some days.

I don't mean to, I never do, but I do yell when I have reached my limit. That has nothing to do with my children. It never does. It is my issue. So I quickly look at them in the eyes and ask for their forgiveness. We are all human and divine.

I am working on sharing my knowledge of being mindful, holding intentions, and being present with my children.

And through that, and by the looks of my amazon account past purchases, there lay my passion right in front of my eyes: living your best life.

it is because of my own experience with anxiety and depression that I have searched for any path to self healing and self discovery I can. In high school I bought every SARK book there was. Then i found guided imagery meditation and slow meditaion/massage music. Then I became a massage therapist. Then i started yoga....and as the years have gone by I have collected quite the library of non-fiction books on happiness, mindfulness, memoirs to learn from others, love lessons and languages, soul connection books, relationships, the list does not end.

Here we go. Today, I will count as a win for me. Today, I took a tragedy and decided i WILL do something.  As we are about to be ushered into a Trump America, I cannot sit and watch and mourn the loss of kindness in our nation.

It's there. and it's most easily found in children.

So, Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment